Aquamist has been pioneering the IDC based water injection system since 2003 with great
success. The HFS3-pwm system is designed to complete the Aquamist’s PWM-valve
delivery system line-up, it allows precise metering of water/methanol injection for the
modern high performance engine. The dash gauge, flow sensor and “Plug and Play”
features are standard to minimise installation time.
The system retrieves the fuel flow (IDC) and manifold pressure signals (MPS) from the
engine management system as the prime source to control the flow of water. This enables
perfect balance of water to fuel flow under all engine loads. The system can also be
controlled by a third-party ECU with its own custom water/methanol flow map.
A “Fast Acting Valve” (FAV) controls the delivery rate based on the PWM signal from the
HFS-3 controller. A constant line pressure (160 psi) is provided by the Aquatec pump
working in the “by-pass” mode. A PWM valve system guarantees wide dynamic range.
There is a non-gauge/flow sensor option (HFS-2) for non-critical application where a
failsafe is not needed. A dash switch is provided instead. The user can disable the
system and reduce the manifold pressure to wastegate pressure if needed.
Lastly, we made a price comparison chart here against some popular brands (subject to currency fluctuations).
User manual: version3 (serial no. 101250 on)
User manual: version3.1 (serial no. 102280 on).
User manual: version3.12 (serial no. 103860 on).
Choosing water/methanol flow for your application:
- 100% water: 10-15% water/fuel ratio or 0-5-1cc per BHP
- M50/W50: 15-20% MW/fuel ratio or 1-1.5cc per BHP
- 100% methanol: 20-25% methanol/fuel ratio or 1.5-2cc per BHP
Selecting the correct jet or jets for the required flow:
- Calculate the "true" pressure by subtract the 160psi pump pressure by the "boost" pressure
- Select the jet or jets from "true" pressure from the chart below (compensated).
- Always pick the next size up or allow 10-15% more to allow more headroom.
Notes on Direct Port application:
- Divide the final flow amongst the DP jets
- Allow one extra jet for IAT cooling, normally twice the size of the DP jet. (re-calculate DP jet)
- Ideally the DP jet should have an external or internal check valve to minimise vacuum induced after-spray.
- Insert an "high pressure inline filter" before the FAV to minmise the risk of clogging.
- Order extra jet adaptors (806-357N) - Std. kit comes with two.
- Recommend using the aquamist Hex Manifold. (comes standard with all compression fittings)
- Optional PTFE (4mm) is optional but ideal for combating the heat in the engine compartment. Essential for track or rally events
- Keep hose run to the DP jets as short as possible. Not necessarily need to be "equal" length.
- Contact aquamist for your unique application before ordering.
Std. jets: 0.8, 0.9, 1.0mm
Water Methanol Injection Kit includes Twin Tank
- I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.